The Plenary Session of the Lithuanian Bishops' Conference
- elects a president and a vice-president of the Conference (they are elected from diocesan bishops for a three year period),
- elects secretary general (for a three year period) who must have at least priestly ordination,
- institutes commissions and councils of the Conference and appoints their chairmen and members,
- issues orders of the Conference,
- institutes other central organs to aid the Conference,
- discharges duties reserved for the Conference.
In conformity with the law or authorized by the permission of the Holy See, the Plenary Session of the Lithuanian Bishops' Conference has a right to
- announce doctrinal statements,
- issue general decrees,
- issue decrees on separate matters.
The Plenary Session of the Lithuanian Bishops' Conference is also authorized to issue declarations and instructions.